Waffle Egg Bake
Egg bakes are a make-ahead favorite, but subbing waffles for bread is a fun new twist on this classic. Egg bakes aren’t just for the weekend…bake ahead of time, cut into portions and store in the freezer to have on hand for hearty heat-and-eat weekday breakfasts.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12.3 oz.) Kroger™ Multigrain Waffles, thawed
- 8 Simple Truth™ Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Organic Whole Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Kroger™ Recipe Beginnings 3 Pepper and Onion Blend
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach Leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Kroger™ Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup Kroger™ Cubed Ham
- Kroger™ Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9”x13” ceramic baking pan with cooking spray. Cut 4 of the waffles into halves and arrange on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Spread the peppers and onions, spinach, ½ cup of the cheese and ham over the waffles. Top with the remaining whole waffles.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture over the waffles and press gently with your hands to immerse the waffles in the egg mixture. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for another 15-20 minutes until egg bake is cooked through. Enjoy warm or cool completely before cutting into portions to freeze. The egg bake will last at least 2 months well wrapped in the freezer.