Sesame Maple Oven Roasted Tofu
Tofu coated with maple flavor is so tasty! Serve it crispy, alongside rice and veggies...perfect for meatless Monday and every day!
Serves: 3Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Drain tofu. Wrap in paper towels and set on a plate. Place a second plate on top and weigh down with a heavy can for at least 10 minutes to remove extra moisture.
- Cut tofu into approximately 1” pieces; place in a mixing bowl. Toss with oil, salt, garlic and pepper. Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and toss gently until tofu is well coated.
- Lay pieces in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, turning pieces once halfway through, until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and sesame oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Combine remaining tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the soy mixture. Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Toss ¼ cup of soy sauce mixture with tofu and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve drizzled with additional sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.