Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Chimichurri
One way to reduce food waste is to find creative uses for the parts of vegetables that are usually discarded. This recipe uses carrots from stem to root to create a beautiful and tasty vegetable side dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bunches green top carrots, scrubbed clean
- 5 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup carrot top greens, packed
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Trim all but 1” of green tops from carrots and reserve carrot tops. If carrots are thick, cut in half lengthwise. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss carrots with 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor add green carrot tops, mint, garlic, vinegar, red pepper, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Pulse until blended.
- Serve roasted carrots topped with chimichurri sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.