Rainbow Gelatin Cups
Alternating layers of regular gelatin and gelatin mixed with yogurt makes even more shades of colors than appear in a rainbow!
Serves: 8Prep: 1 hour 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, divided
- 1 package (3 oz.) Jell-O® Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 cup Kraft® Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 oz.) Jell-O® Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (3 oz.) Jell-O® Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (3 oz.) Jell-O® Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- Adults: Bring water to a boil (a tea kettle works great for this so you can continue to bring the water back up to a boil as needed for each step). Carefully pour ¾ cup boiling water into small bowl.
- Kids: Add blue gelatin to hot water and stir 2 minutes, until completely dissolved. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Kids: Pour half blue gelatin into separate small bowl. Add ¼ cup yogurt; mix well. Spoon into 8 clear 6-ounce cups. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm. Meanwhile, let remaining blue gelatin sit at room temperature until ready to use.
- Kids: Cover creamy gelatin layers in cups with remaining blue gelatin. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set but not firm.
- Adults: Meanwhile, bring water back to a boil. Add ¾ cup boiling water into separate small bowl.
- Kids: Add lime gelatin to hot water and stir 2 minutes, until completely dissolved. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Kids and Adults: Repeat steps above with the remaining colors of gelatin to make a total of 8 layers. Top with whipped topping before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.