Oven Roasted Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin
This whole beef tenderloin is seasoned with coarse salt and black pepper before being seared on the stove, roasted in the oven and served thinly sliced on crostini with rosemary garlic au jus.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 beef tenderloin, 2 lbs., trimmed
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 loaves French baguette, sliced ¼” thin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups Kroger® Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Rosemary, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Season the tenderloin generously with salt and pepper and let rest at room temperature for an hour before cooking. Tie with butchers twine if the tenderloin is falling apart or the tail will not stay tucked underneath.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat a large, oven-safe sauté pan on high and add the vegetable oil. Sear the tenderloin on all sides until golden brown. Add more oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Place pan in the oven and let roast until a meat thermometer registers 125°F for medium rare, approximately 15 minutes per pound. Remove from oven and carefully transfer the tenderloin to a platter or rimmed baking sheet, covered loosely with aluminum foil.
- Allow beef to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. This will allow it to finish cooking and let the juices settle.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from baking pan and reserve.
- Deglaze roasting pan with beef stock, on high, scraping until all of the fond has been incorporated. Add rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve hot with thinly sliced tenderloin and crostini.
- Notes: Beef tenderloin portions can be calculated at 4 raw ounces per person. The cooked weight will be 3 ounces of beef per person. One pound of tenderloin should serve 4 people.