Marinated Cheese Cubes
Upgrade plain cheddar cubes by making this easy sage and peppercorn marinade, or try a tangier option by marinating gouda in a combination of oil, rosemary, thyme and orange peels.
Serves: 10Prep: 1 hour 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced, plus whole sage for garnish
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 package (10 oz.) Private Selection™ Mild Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- 1 package Private Selection™ Crackers
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine oil, sage and peppercorns; warm 5 minutes. Let cool about 12 minutes, until just slightly warm.
- In bowl, toss cheese cubes with oil mixture. Let sit 1 hour.
- Transfer cheese to bowl; garnish with sage. Serve with crackers.
- Tip: For a tangier option try marinating gouda in a combination of oil, rosemary, thyme and orange peels.