Frittatas are an easy and budget-friendly way to extend leftovers or use up extra veggies in the fridge. This recipe calls for machaca, but any leftover taco meat or pot roast would be equally delicious.
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces cooked and shredded Machaca beef
- Salsa, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together eggs and sour cream. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
- In 10” cast iron skillet or oven-safe non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook pepper, onions, salt and black pepper 5 to 7 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in beef; cook a few minutes to heat through. Pour in egg mixture; stir briefly. Continue cooking 1 minute, until edges of eggs just set.
- Transfer pan to oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until eggs are puffed and center is just set.
- To serve, top with salsa.