Into-the-Net Basketball Cupcakes
Made with white cake, colored frosting and everyone’s favorite cookies, these basketball-inspired treats are sure to be a slam dunk at your next party.
Serves: 24Prep: 1 hourCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 32 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 package white cake mix, 2-layer size
- 1 container (16 oz.) white frosting
- 18 drops red food coloring
- 18 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 tablespoon chocolate icing
- 1 tablespoon red decorating icing
- 2 tablespoons white decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with 24 paper cups. Chop 8 cookies; reserve remaining cookies for later use.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Let cool 5 min. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In medium bowl, mix together white frosting, and red and yellow food colorings. Spread about 1 teaspoon orange frosting onto top of each reserved cookie; spread remaining orange frosting onto cupcakes.
- In small re-sealable plastic bag, spoon chocolate icing. Repeat in separate bags with red and white icings. Cut small piece off bottom corner of each bag.
- Use chocolate icing to decorate tops of cookies to resemble basketballs. With red icing, draw curved line on top of each cupcake to resemble basketball hoop. Use white icing to draw lines for the nets. Arrange decorated cookies on tops of cupcakes to resemble basketballs being dunked into the nets.