Instant Pot® Creamy Herb Pork
Impress your guests with this hearty pork and vegetable roast, cooked quickly to perfection in your Instant Pot® and topped with a creamy homemade mushroom sauce.
Created by: Tasty
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pork shoulder (2½ to 3 lb.), bone-in or boneless
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bag (24 oz.) Private Selection™ Petite Red Potatoes
- 1 bag (16 oz.) Kroger® Cut & Peeled Baby Carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 thyme sprigs, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 container (8 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Season pork shoulder generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Set Instant Pot® to “Sauté” setting and allow pot to heat up. Add vegetable oil. When hot, sear meat on all sides until brown. Remove meat from the pot and set aside.
- Deglaze pot with white wine. Place potatoes and carrots in pot. Nestle pork shoulder in the middle of vegetables. Pour chicken broth over everything and add thyme sprigs.
- Cover Instant Pot® and ensure pressure valve is set to “Sealing.” Use the manual setting to set timer for 50 minutes.
- When timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally OR turn pressure valve to “Venting” to release pressure quickly. Remove pork, vegetables and liquid (making sure to reserve liquid).
- Set to “Sauté” setting. Add butter and melt. Add mushrooms, toss to coat in butter, then let brown, stirring occasionally. Once mushrooms are browned, sprinkle flour over them and stir. Stir in heavy cream, ½ cup reserved cooking liquid, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a simmer for 2–3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pull meat into large pieces. To serve, arrange vegetables in a bed on platter. Top with pork roast pieces. Spoon creamy mushroom sauce over pork. Garnish with thyme leaves before serving.