Traditionally, puttanesca is noticeably spicy. If the amount of red pepper flakes seems intimidating, just reduce the amount to your liking.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy filets, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (from 15 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces Private Selection™ Italian Gnocchi with Potato (from 16 oz. package)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In 8” skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, garlic, anchovies and red pepper in oil 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, olives and salt. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi as directed on package and drain.
- Divide gnocchi and sauce between 2 dinner plates. Top with cheese and basil.