Fish Taco Bowls
These bowls are perfect for Taco Tuesday…or Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1/3 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 fillets (5 oz. each) Kroger® Wild Caught Boneless & Skinless Pacific Cod
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with sliced red pepper and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, oregano, salt and honey. Pour over cabbage mixture and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the cod with vegetable oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- On a nonstick pan over medium heat, add seasoned fish and cook 5-6 minutes on each side, until it’s fully cooked and flakes easily.
- Place rice in the bottom of the bowl. Add the fish and top with cabbage mixture and top with pico de gallo, sliced avocado and lime wedge.
- Refrigerate leftovers.