Cranberry Apple Stuffed Roasted Pork Rack
For a hearty holiday entrée, serve up this slow-roasted pork rib roast stuffed with cranberries, apples, herbs and garlic.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1/2 cups Kroger® Chicken Stock, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced fine
- 1 rib celery, diced fine
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup Kroger® Premium Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 Frenched pork rib roast (4 lbs.)
- Heat chicken stock in a small saucepan until simmering. Turn heat off and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sauté onion, celery and apples until the onions are translucent.
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, stuffing mix and cranberries. Add hot stock, mix and let absorb. Add additional stock as needed and season with ½ teaspoon coarse salt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Butterfly pork by placing the roast rib side down on a cutting board. Hold a sharp knife at a 45 degree angle, slice along ribs, approximately 2” down, cutting within a ½” of the bottom. Rotate your knife and continue to slice and unroll the pork, maintaining a ½” thickness and making sure not to cut through the opposite side.
- Unroll the pork roast and season with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Fill with the stuffing mixture, leaving a ½” border at both ends.
- Gently roll the pork towards the ribs. Using kitchen twine, tie in between each rib to secure the roast. Rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with the remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to 375°F and continue roasting until a meat thermometer reads 130°F, approximately 45 minutes more. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent too much browning.
- Remove pork from pan and place on a platter. Loosely cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate any leftovers.