Caribbean Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with Pineapple
Take your taste buds on a trip to the Caribbean with this truRoots® tropical quinoa salad.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup uncooked truRoots® Organic Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 can Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, until all water has been absorbed. Cool to room temperature and fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Prepare baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and evenly spread on red onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and pineapple. Broil 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In large bowl, combine cooled roasted vegetables with quinoa.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, lime juice, cumin and salt. Pour over quinoa and vegetables. Stir in black beans, pumpkin seeds and cilantro.