Caramel Pecan Kugel
A little sweetness makes just about anything better...including kugel. Ooey-gooey caramel and crunchy pecans give this dish a smooth flavor that’s simply irresistible.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces Wide Egg Noodles
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions to achieve an al dente texture. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Whisk in brown sugar. Whisk frequently, cooking 2-3 minutes or until bubbling evenly across the surface. Spread in the bottom of an 8” round cake pan. Arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of the caramel and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons butter, eggs, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Gently fold in cooked noodles; spread evenly over pecans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until kugel is set in the center and is golden brown. Run a knife along the edges to loosen. Invert onto a heat-safe serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers.