Breakfast Panzanella with Bread
It’s better to use stale bread in this tasty breakfast recipe. It’s rehydrated in a quick pickling mixture and served with fried eggs, tomatoes and onions.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices stale bread
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large eggs, fried to desired doneness
- In a bowl, add vinegar, caraway seeds and red onion. Allow to marinate 15 minutes, then remove onion from bowl and set aside. Add garlic and oil to vinegar mixture.
- Quickly toss bread with oil mixture, then set aside. Add tomatoes to vinegar mixture.
- Serve bread, onions, tomatoes and fried eggs drizzled with any remaining vinegar mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.