Beer Marinated Bratwurst
This bratwurst recipe brings beer and grilling to a whole new level. These brats are marinated, then slowly grilled to perfection.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 (18 oz.) package Kroger® Classic Bratwurst
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle dark beer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 5 bratwurst buns
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- Pickle relish, to serve
- Ketchup, to serve
- Mustard, to serve
- Place the bratwurst in a resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the beer, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili powder and paprika, then pour into the plastic bag. Allow to marinate for 2-8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat.
- Place the marinated bratwurst on the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Serve the bratwurst in a bun and top with onion, relish, ketchup and mustard.
- Refrigerate leftovers.