Beef Dip Sliders
You dip, I dip, we dip with these hearty and delicious steak sliders, served on Hawaiian rolls with a homemade au jus.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 package Kroger® Beef Shaved Steak
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups Kroger® Beef Broth
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- Dijon mustard
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a cast-iron pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and taking on a little color, about 7–8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add shaved steak to pan in even layer. Sprinkle meat with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce; toss to coat. Lightly brown meat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour. Whisk in beef broth and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a light simmer for 2–3 minutes to make an au jus, then remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut slider rolls in half and arrange open-faced on a baking sheet. Swipe Dijon mustard on bottom half of each roll. Use tongs to dip a bit of shaved steak in the au jus and place it on a roll. Add some peppers and onions on top of steak. Drape a half-moon of cheese over each slider.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 3–4 minutes to melt cheese. Place top buns on each slider and serve with au jus on the side for dipping.