Vitacost Oregano Oil - Standardized - Alcohol Free
What is oregano?
Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is a perennial plant belonging to the mint family, native to northern Europe. Its name is derived from the Greek “oros,” which means mountain, and “ganos,” which means joy.
A popular culinary herb, oregano is often used in Italian, Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Its warm, aromatic scent and slightly bitter flavor make it a great complement to tomato sauces, salad dressings and grilled fish, meat or vegetables. Oregano is popular in Italian-American dishes, especially pizza and pasta sauces.
Oregano’s history in traditional medicine dates back to Hippocrates, who recommended the herb for its antiseptic properties and for stomach and respiratory support. It was also used by ancient cultures to relieve sore muscles, skin irritations and toothaches.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Oregano Oil - Standardized - Alcohol Free?
- Good source of vitamin K, iron and manganese
- Contains vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium and fatty acids
- Contains antioxidant flavonoids and phenolic acids
- Carvacrol, a phenol, is one of oregano’s most active constituents
Vitacost® Oregano Oil - Standardized - Alcohol Free is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Standardized for consistent potency
- Supplies 43 mg of wild oregano oil per four-drop serving
- Can be taken directly, diluted in a beverage or applied topically
- Contains 540 servings per bottle!
- Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.