Vitacost Certified Organic Red Quinoa - Non-GMO
- Slightly sweeter taste than white quinoa
- Whole food, non-GMO red quinoa
- No additives or preservatives
- Certified organic
- Naturally gluten free
- 6 grams of protein + 3 grams fiber per quarter-cup serving
Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is a grain-like seed that becomes light and fluffy, with a chewy texture, when cooked. From a spinach-like plant (Chenopodium quinoa) native to South America, these tiny seeds—as well as the plant’s leaves—have been used as a food source since ancient times. Quinoa is known for its remarkable nutritional value, including its fiber and protein content.
How to cook
Simply combine 1 cup of seeds with 2 cups of water and boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and enjoy as a side dish or use in your favorite recipes.
- Enjoy as a side dish or in recipes (such as stuffed peppers)
- Add to soup, chili or stuffing
- Combine with chopped veggies for a salad
- Use in place of couscous for tabouleh
- Make a breakfast porridge with quinoa, fruit, nuts, cinnamon and almond milk
- Use in baked goods recipes
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).