Vitacost Borage Oil with GLA
What is borage oil?
Borage (Borago officinalis) is an herb native to Syria that eventually spread throughout the Middle East and Mediterranean. It is now cultivated in many different areas of Europe and the U.S.
Borage flowers and leaves are edible. The seeds are often pressed to produce an oil rich in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is an omega-6 unsaturated fatty acid normally used by the body to create prostaglandins. GLA increases the content of dihomo-linolenic acid (DGLA), which is converted to prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). Prostaglandin E1 is a hormone-like substance that plays a part in many biochemical and metabolic processes of the body.
How does borage oil support health?
- Omega-6 essential fatty acids are required for optimal health.*
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
- May support healthy platelet function.*
- Supports healthy skin.*
- Supports healthy tear production.*
- May play a role in maintaining a healthy weight after weight loss.*
- Supports healthy gum tissue.*
Why choose Vitacost Borage Oil?
- Frequently chosen by mature women as one of their top supplements.*
- Offers exceptional quality at extraordinary value.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Borage Oil ( Min . 28% , GLA ) , Gamma Linolenic Acid ( GLA ) ( Omega-6 ) , Linoleic Acid ( Omega-6 ) , Oleic Acid ( Omega-9 ) , Other Ingredients : Gelatin , Glycerin and Purified Water .
Contains Beef and its Derivatives,Pork and its Derivatives. Free from Does Not Contain Declaration Obligatory Allergens.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. You are responsible ... Read More