Vitacost Borage Oil with GLA
What is Borage Oil?
Borage (Borago officinalis) is an herb native to Syria that eventually spread throughout the Middle East and Mediterranean.
Borage flowers and leaves are edible. The seeds are often pressed to produce an oil rich in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is an omega-6 unsaturated fatty acid normally used by the body to create prostaglandins. GLA increases the content of dihomo-linolenic acid (DGLA), which is converted to prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). Prostaglandin E1 is a hormone-like substance that plays a part in many biochemical and metabolic processes of the body.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Borage Oil?
- Omega-6 essential fatty acids are required for optimal health.*
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
- May support healthy platelet function.*
- Supports healthy skin.*
- Supports healthy tear production.*
- May play a role in maintaining a healthy weight after weight loss.*
- Supports healthy gum tissue.*
Vitacost® Borage Oil is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Frequently chosen by mature women as one of their top supplements.*
- Offers exceptional quality at extraordinary value.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.