The Hidden Sea Red Blend Australia
The Hidden Sea is located in South Australia, which 26 million years ago was home to a thriving marine ecosystem. A series of dramatic ice ages caused the Great Southern Ocean to recede, leaving the soil rich with nutrients and deep limestone deposits for the grapes to flourish today. In 2015, entrepreneur Justin Moran and retired Australian Football League (AFL) star Richie Vandenberg founded The Hidden Sea to honor this ocean heritage, and make a positive, and verifiable impact on the planet. The Hidden Sea has committed to remove 10 plastic bottles from the ocean for every bottle of wine purchased and has set a goal to remove 1 billion plastic bottles from the ocean by 2030.
The Hidden Sea Red Blend bursts with aromas of red berries, fruit cake spices and generous oak, complimented by flavors of cherry, currant and delicious juicy red berries. This blend is smooth, with expressive fruit sweetness and layers of vanilla and toasty oak. The wine has great structure, with fine tannins and a long powerful fruit finish.
- Together, we’re producing the global industry standard for the sustainable removal and cleanup of plastic from the ocean
- Generous fruit and spice from the Shiraz blends seamlessly with the vibrancy and length of the Cabernet Sauvignon
- 82% Shiraz, 17% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Malbec
- The Hidden Sea won the 2021 People’s Choice Drinks Award for “Wine Passion: The Story Behind the Label” in the UK
- The Drinks Business (most read global wine news source) shortlisted The Hidden Sea for the 2021 Customer Campaign of the Year Award