Family Dinner Conversation Starters
Created by: Jamie Bare, The Crafting Chicks
Hide those smart phones, tablets and devices, and make these adorable Family Dinner Conversation cards.
Things You'll Need:
- White cardstock paper
- Markers or Pens
- A bowl or container to hold the convo cards
- Cut white cardstock into 3” x 4” cards.
- Have your family members brainstorm fun questions or conversation prompt ideas on the cards. You can have each family member write several so that you have multiple questions for dinners.
- Have your family members write their questions/conversation ideas on the cards.
- Place the cards in a bowl, jar or can to display on your dining room table, or whereever your family gathers to eat.
- Take turns choosing a Dinner Conversation card.
You can come up with your own questions and conversation starters, but here are 24 ideas we came up with that you can use! The possibilities are endless for these fun conversation cards!
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- If you could open a present today, what would you like to find inside?
- What makes you the most happy?
- If you could have a super hero power, what would you choose?
- What would happen on your “perfect” day?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
- If you had wings, where would you fly?
- What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
- What is your favorite time of the day and why?
- Who do you most admire and why?
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What is your favorite family tradition and why?
- What would you like to be doing 10 years from now?
- If you could only keep one item of your own, what would you choose?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- Say something nice about the person across from you.
- What is something you would love to learn how to do?
- What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
- Tell us about your favorite vacation memory.
- Say something nice about the person to your right.
- Say something nice about the person on your left.
- Name 3 things you’re thankful for today.