What You’ll Need:
- Frozen pop sticks (approx. 7 per tractor)
- Permanent marker or pen
- Heavy-duty stainless steel kitchen shears or pointed-tip shears
- Paper plates
- Green craft paint
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- 2 yellow buttons (1 large, 1 small)
- Printed picture of your face
- 1 piece self-stick magnet
What You’ll Do:
- Kids: Lay out the frozen pop sticks in the tractor design. Lay out 2 sticks vertically, parallel to each other, about 1½" apart. Lay out 4 sticks horizontally across the two parallel sticks to make the body of the tractor. Lay 1 final stick across the top of the tractor “cab.” Use a permanent marker or pen to mark the spot where you’ll need to cut the top stick to make the top of the tractor’s cab.
- Adults: Use heavy-duty stainless steel kitchen shears or pointed-tip shears (or gardening cutters) to cut the stick at the marked spot.
- Kids: Working over a paper plate, use a paintbrush to paint all the sticks green. Allow to dry.
- Kids: As in Step 1, lay out 2 sticks vertically on a clean paper plate. Glue 4 sticks on top of the vertical ones to make the tractor body. Glue the cut stick to the top of the 2 vertical sticks to make the top of the tractor’s cab. If using a hot glue gun, ask an adult for help.
- Kids: Glue the large button to one end of the horizontal sticks to make the tractor’s big back wheel. Glue the smaller button to the other end for a front wheel.
- Kids: Lay your picture behind the tractor’s cab so it shows through the opening; trace around the sticks. Cut out the picture just inside the traced lines. Flip the tractor right-side down on a paper plate, and apply glue to the 4 sides of the cab. Gently press the picture right-side down into the glue. Let dry.
- Kids: Attach magnet to the back of the tractor.