Homemade Peppermint Bath Bombs
Created by: Crystal Owens, A Pumpkin & A Princess
Bath bombs make a great handmade gift idea for friends and family. Making them at home is easy to do and is an inexpensive gift that you can make in large quantities.
Customize bath bombs with your favorite scents or use seasonal scents like peppermint for Christmas. To give as a gift, wrap them in cellophane bags or mason jars with festive ribbon and gift tags.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid (next to the canning supplies)
- ½ cup corn starch
- 3 Tbsp. Epsom salt
- 3 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- Small spray bottle of Witch Hazel
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Small tartelette mold
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and Epsom salt.
- Pour in melted coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly spray witch hazel a couple times until you can gather the mix in your fist and it holds its shape. If it easily falls apart then you might need one more spray of witch hazel. Avoid spraying too much or your mix will start fizzing. You only need enough to slightly dampen the mix. Press the mix into your mini tartelette molds and allow them to set for at least one hour, or until dry, before removing.
- Wrap in cellophane bags or mason jars to give as gifts.
Depending on the size of your mold this recipe makes about 10 small bath bombs.
They may smell delicious, but these bath bombs are NOT edible so keep them away from the little ones.