Sweet Potato, Quinoa, and Rice Bowl
This versatile dish can be enjoyed as a hearty side or served on its own. Plus, it’s filled with bold flavor and nutritious ingredients!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 package (8.5 oz.) Seeds of Change® Quinoa and Brown Rice and Red Rice with Flaxseed
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cubed sweet potato on a baking sheet and top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Allow to bake for 12 minutes, then toss and bake for 12 more minutes.
- Cook rice according to package and set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté kale with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Place rice in a bowl and top with sweet potato, kale, chickpeas and pecans. Toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.