Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats with Caramelized Bananas
A delicious morning meal comes together easily in your slow cooker. Tender oats topped with sweet bananas will keep you energized all day!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 8 hoursTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Kroger® 100% Whole Grain Steel Cut Oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 bananas, cut into ½” slices
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Spray the insert of a 5-quart slow cooker. Add oats, spices, salt and water. Cook on low heat 7-8 hours until oats are tender. Stir in vanilla.
- When ready to serve, toss bananas in brown sugar.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add banana slices in a single layer cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and caramelized.
- Serve bananas on top of oatmeal.
- Refrigerate leftovers.