Slow Cooker Greek White Chicken Chili
Ready for a fresh take on chili? Try a Mediterranean twist with lemon, artichokes and chickpeas!
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Pita chips, if desired
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, salt, oregano, pepper, lemon zest and garlic.
- Season chicken with oil mixture and place in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Add broth, vegetables, and beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove chicken, shred and return to the slow cooker. Add cream cheese pieces. Stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve chili topped with feta crumbles and fresh herbs. Use pita chips for dipping, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.