Private Selection® Tikka Masala Soup
Coconut milk provides a perfect base for the warming spices of this simple simmer sauce, made even easier with Private Selection™ Indian Inspired Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 jars (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces, microwaved for 3 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- Plain yogurt (optional garnish)
- Chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
- Chopped green onion (optional garnish)
- Green peas (optional garnish)
- Fresh squeezed lime (optional garnish)
- In large soup pot or Dutch oven, combine carrots, potatoes, garlic, ginger and coconut milk. Simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, water, cauliflower, chickpeas, cilantro and green onions. Simmer until warmed through, stirring occasionally. If needed, add more water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with preferred garnishes. Refrigerate any leftovers.