Herbs help to flavor this lean ground-round mixture. You’ll love these delicious grilled burgers. To top the burgers off, try sautéed mushrooms or onions, barbecue sauce, prepared chili, peppers, or cooked bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 slice crusty bread
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1½ lbs. ground round or ground sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled
- ½ tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Heat grill. In a medium bowl, soak bread in milk for a few minutes.
- Squeeze bread to drain off milk. Put bread back in the bowl; add ground beef, parsley, oregano, tarragon, thyme, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine. Mix in beaten egg.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 large patties, about 1" thick. Place burgers on the hot, oiled grill about 4" above the heat source. Grill for about 10–15 minutes on each side or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Toast split hamburger buns if desired. Serve burgers on buns.