Cheesy and Vegetable Omelet
Omelets are a quick and easy way to get a nutritious breakfast on the table. After a little practice, they might even become your everyday go-to.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper, thinly sliced and halved
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Heat an 8” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Place pepper and onion in a bowl and set aside. Carefully wipe skillet with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a small bowl, break eggs and whisk together. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat an 8” nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and swirl in pan until melted. Add half of the eggs to the skillet.
- Allow the eggs to sit about 1 minute, then use a spatula to gently lift the cooked eggs from the edges of the pan. Tilt the pan to allow the uncooked eggs to move to the edge of the pan.
- Add about half of tomatoes, about half of bell pepper and onion mixture and half of cheese to one half of the omelet. Carefully fold empty half over filling. Slide onto a plate. Repeat steps 3-5 for second omelet.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.