Blueberry Almond Greek Yogurt Cake
This irresistible yogurt cake is drizzled with a sweet almond glaze…delicious!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a springform pan with baking spray. Combine almond paste and sugar and mix until paste and sugar are small granules. Beat in butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and beat until mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, then add to butter and sugar mixture until combined. Add Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Gently fold in blueberries and pour batter into prepared pan; tap pan on counter gently to release any air bubbles.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove sides of springform pan. While cake continues to cool, prepare glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine almond extract, milk and powdered sugar until smooth.
- When cake has cooled completely, drizzle glaze over top. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and additional blueberries. Slice and serve.