Applesauce Barbecue Ham Balls
When you need some great football food, these appetizers score big! Smoky ham and your choice of pork or beef come together in a juicy meatball that’s glazed in a rich apple barbecue sauce.
Serves: 15Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Grade AA Eggs, beaten
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork or ground beef
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine eggs, bread crumbs, milk, mustard and pepper. With a fork, mash bread into egg and milk mixture until smooth. Add ground ham and beef, mix well. With wet hands, shape into 2” meatballs and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into balls registers 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together the barbecue sauce, smoked paprika and applesauce. Cover and heat on high for 10 minutes. Add the fully cooked meatballs and turn to coat. Reduce heat to low or warm for serving.